I say possible Orionid as most photos of meteors seem to look more needle-like. I don't think I actually saw this one as it happened, I was scanning the sky more generally while the camera did its thing. Anybody know enough about this to venture an opinion?
Taken on a 15s exposure, camera propped on a park bench -- I don't have a tripod unfortunately.
Update [2011-10-24 12:23:9 by ana]: Edited to add: After playing with the photo a bit , I think the camera must have moved. The "meteor" is actually just a trail from a star as the camera moves. Increasing the contrast of the image, I can see fainter, but otherwise identical trails from the other stars.
Monday April 8th
- So, that just happened.... (6 comments)
Saturday April 6th
- Week End Update (7 comments)
Wednesday April 3rd
- Philosophical question (16 comments)
Saturday March 30th
- In which I hawk my wife's YouTube channel before meandering all over the place (2 comments)
Wednesday March 27th
- Zombie April Fool's day wake for MDC (1 comments)
Wednesday March 20th
- Buggeration (7 comments)